Thursday, December 19, 2013


OH MY GOODNESS- LIFE IS CRAZY. Let me tell you.

We have yet to have a normal Pday (Preparation Day) for the past like month and so I can definitely say that it is EXHAUSTING. Pdays are definitely there for a reason and I have lately been feeling the side effects from just going and going and not really resting at all. Haha needless to say, I think this next Monday should be somewhat normal haha.

So anyways A LOT has happened in the past week or so and its definitely been a roller coaster in all aspects.

First of all, on Friday we got to go to the temple! It was wonderful and so great to be able to go inside again! And then Friday night we had our ward Christmas party. It was a great turnout and we even had some amis show up that we weren’t expecting to come or who don’t even come to church so that was SO great as missionaries to see them interact with the ward. I got to talk to a lot of members and a lot of members brought nonmember family members and so yeah- we were definitely LOVING it.

Temple Trip
Vaheana and her ADORABLE kids.
 


They love to wear our plaques.


 
 
It was all going great until we got the news that the two sister missionaries in Maraa (the sector right above our sector), Soeur Taylor and Soeur Moli, were in an accident and they were both hit by a car on their bikes. Umm, what. I don’t know if I have ever felt my heart drop so much. They were hit by a drunk driver and for the moment, Soeur Moli is fine- just bruised everywhere and pretty shaken up, but Soeur Taylor is still in the hospital in a coma. She got pretty bad head trauma and so she had to be operated on and is now in a medically induced coma to help her body heal. We haven’t been able to see her yet but her parents are here from America and we've just been praying and fasting like crazy for her. We don’t know a whole lot but I do know that she’s got the best doctors and will be flown back to America as soon as she is stable enough.

It was definitely hard to hear about it because Soeur Taylor is such a great missionary and is so loved. So many people have been asking about her and at the same time, so many people thought it was me too. A lot of people didn’t realize there were 2 Soeur Taylors serving in the same stake.

So anyways, just keep her in your prayers! She is definitely so loved and receiving a lot of support here.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty normal and then on Monday we had our Noel de Mission! (Mission Christmas!) It was SO great to see everyone from my MTC (Missionary Training Center) family and to hear about the work all over in Polynesie Francaise. We had a good time catching up and it was definitely so so so great to see everyone. It was a little sad too because Soeur Taylor couldn’t be there, but we still had a good time all together.

 
Noel de Mission! So Fun!





After such a great day on Monday, we had another hard day on Tuesday because Soeur Weller finished her mission and we dropped her off at the Mission President’s house to go home. SO SAD. We were all keeping it together but as soon as we stopped at a member’s house and they gave her a bunch of presents, she started crying and then voila, we all broke down and started crying. And we cried all the way to Papeete. I know, we're pathetic, but it was just hard to say goodbye because we have had SOO many good times all together in our little house as 4 Americans just trying to figure out how to share the gospel and change these Tahitians lives.

It was definitely sad, but at the same time it definitely made me realize how blessed I am to have a little over a year left here in Tahiti. Even the thought of leaving here was hard to bear so I can’t even imagine what it was like for Soeur Weller to have to leave this beautiful country. At the same time though, she was an INCREDIBLE missionary and I know that she did all the work she needed to do here. I hope to be able to feel that when I leave, but seeing as I still have a year to go, I am just going to keep going and doing my best :)

So after Soeur Weller left, we are now a 3 companionship until the transfer at the end of the month. Soeur Fisher, Soeur Carter, and I now have 2 sectors and SOOO much work. It’s so great but a little stressful at the same time trying to schedule and make sure we see and teach both of our sector’s amis. It is only for 2 weeks so it'll be fun and adventurous for sure but not forever :)

Soeur Weller. Lover her to death.

Our new mission shirts.

Soeur Fisher snapped this picture at our lesson. We made rice krispies together and talked about faith. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out our object lesson.
 
I love y'all and I hope all y'all are staying safe!

Beaucoup d'amour,

Tuahine Taylor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment