Thursday, August 29, 2013

Semaine cinq!

Bonjour Ma Famille! 

Wow, another week gone again! Time is flying. We start our 6th week at the MTC today! If I were just learning French I'd be out of here by next week, but in reality I'm only at the halfway point. lol 
Our Montreal Canada Elders & Sœurs got their travel plans already and they got here the same day as us! So crazy! Our district has decided that Tahiti is only a dream and that we're not actually going to leave the MTC. It just seems so far off and we still have so much more to learn. Like Tahitian! We start on Thursdayand I'm so stoked. Right now, our district is on an english fast until Thursday. So far its been challenging, but definitely worth it! 
We're all way excited for Tahitian but once we hit Tahitian, we'll still have to study french as well and so our time will be split. Therefore, we're trying to learn as much french as possible this week before we start Tahitian. We've all kind of got a little head start on Tahitian and have tried to learn words here and there for fun, so it'll be hard but also really cool to finally start learning it. It's such a beautiful language!!! We have this program on the computer called TALL (don't ask me what it stands for.. I have no idea lol ) that we get on to study French. It has a French person say a vocab or a phrase and then we repeat and we can learn all kinds of vocab and grammar. It's not too bad except for French in Tahiti is different than French in France. It'll be interesting talking to Jordan (who's serving in Lyon, France right now) and Riley (who served in Paris, France) because Tahitians roll their R's and speak a lot more casually and not as proper. But ANYWAYS (sorry for the rambling), sometimes at the end of our TALL time, I'll switch over to the Tahitian TALL. It's so entertaining because it takes me like 10 minutes to learn a word and like 5 minutes after I get off the computer, I forget it. I've been trying to learn "We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" for like 2 weeks. I can say "Jesus Christ" (Iesu Mesia (Yay-two-ah Muh-tea-uhh)) and that's about it. Hahaha greaattttt. 
Teaching has been going really well!! Sœur Aniel and I are becoming so much better at teaching together and by the Spirit. Our last lesson on Saturday with Vetea was definitely one of our best yet! I really have noticed that our French has been coming faster and smoother and that we were able to say just about everything we wanted to (even if we had to get creative in how we said it). We were talking about it after our lesson and I said- "Hey, I thought our French was really well!" LOL. So now I can't speak English. Haha speaking in general has been rough. I can't even imagine what it'll be like with 3 languages floating around in my brain. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it! lol 
Other than that, my week was pretty average. I had a few health issues and it seems like every other day it's something different, but I'm doing just fine now! I'm actually hoping I get all of these small sicknesses out of the way now so it doesn't happen in Tahiti). Some days I feel like Satan is trying me SO hard, but I know that he will never win because I'm not going anywhere. I still know that God lives. I still know that His son, Jesus Christ lives. I still know that they both love us too much to even try to comprehend. I still know that I have a purpose of being here and that nothing will stop me from pushing onward. Everyday here at the MTC is worth it, regardless of the success or trials I experience. It's the best feeling to be studying the gospel ALL day and be surrounded by SO many great people at the same time. We can do all things if we come unto Christ and follow him - "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever.... Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26: 12,16 

Thank you for all the letters and prayers! Love y'all!!

Beaucoup d'amour, 

Sœur Taylor 

p.s. We're not moving to West anymore! It was weird for them to change it, but last I heard we're staying here! I'll keep y'all updated if they change it again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment