Monday, September 30, 2013

1 more month left!!!!!!


Ia Ora Na To'u Utuafare!!
(Bonjour Ma Famille! Hello my family!!)
This past week was great. Happy September! August went by SO fast so I'm scared/nervous/excited for September to fly by because October means we finally leave for Tahiti!!! It still hasn't hit yet....
It got a little more real this past week when we started Tahitian! Oh my gosh I don't even know how to word how I feel about Tahitian. But I'll try...
It's a beautiful language and it's exciting to learn because its the language that was actually on my call but IT'S SO HARD. Here's a tip- DON'T try to learn another language 6 weeks after learning the first one. Because it is SO HARD. If I didn't wasn't blessed to be set apart as a missionary of the Lord, it would be impossible and I would've already given up. Thankfully, all I have to do is put my trust in the Lord and work as hard as I can. All of those beautiful Tahitians that are waiting for me are my motivation! "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." (Moroni 7:33
I'm also really grateful that I'm pretty decent at memorizing because that's what Tahitian is until I can fully understand grammar, sentence structure, and get more used to hearing Tahitian. Sœur Aniel and I were listening to a conference talk in Tahitian just to hear it and it was actually pretty entertaining. Tahitian is so pretty, but sometimes I feel like I need to speak it with a low voice and really loud because that's how all the translators and everyone pretty much speaks it. It's kind of a manly language. LOLZ. So great.
There are a lot of T sounds in Tahitian because just about every other letter besides the vowels and consonants not indigenous to the language become a T when you speak it. In our grammar book it has a chart kind of like this-
B becomes P 
C, D, G, J, K, Q, S, X, Z  becomes T
L becomes R
PH becomes F
The great thing about Tahitian though is that it's very phonetic. So there are hardly any silent letters or weird pronunciations like there are in French. 
So besides the languages, teaching is going really well. We start teaching in Tahitian on Thursday and I'm way nervous. I can hardly say a few lines for a prayer and a few lines of my testimony. So we'll see how Thursday goes..... 
This past Tuesday's devotional was SO awesome. Why? Because NEIL L. ANDERSEN spoke to us!!! That's right, another broadcasted devotional! I even made it on camera singing in the choir. Checking that off the bucket list lol. 
He spoke on Love and Sacrifice and it was an incredible talk. I wish y'all could hear some of these talks we hear! They are seriously SO great! At the end, he went around and shook a bunch of missionaries' hands but sadly, I didn't get to shake his hand. He stood like 10 feet away from me though! IT WAS AWESOME. It's such an incredible experience to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord. 
At the end of the devotional, it was storming pretty bad outside so we sang hymns for like 10-15 minutes until the thunder and lightning stopped. It was still raining though so guess what? We walked back to the MTC in the rain! It was pretty fun. I would've loved to see thousands of missionaries walking/running/freaking out/taking pictures and laughing outside the Marriott going back to the MTC. So funny. 

Well that's about it for this week! Just a typical week at the MTC :) 
Lots of studying, learning, teaching, and TONS of spiritual growth. For those who are curious, here's what a typical day looks like (with a few variations during the week with P-day mondays, devotionals on Tuesday, service on Saturday morning, and then Sunday meetings)
5:40- wake up
6:30- breakfast 
7:00-8:00 - Personal Study Time
8:00-11:00- Class with Frère Roney 
11:00 - Lunch
11:45-12:45 - Language Study
12:45-1:30- Additional Study Time
1:30-2:30- TALL (Language study on the computer)
2:40-3:30- Gym 
4:00- Dinner
4:45-7:45 - Class with Sœur Buswell
7:45-9:00 - Additional Study Time
9:00-9:30 - Planning
10:30 - Lights out! 
Like I said, there are some variation from day to day but that's pretty much it! It's nice and I love learning so much but it's definitely so nice to go to bed at night because I'm so exhausted!! 

Hope y'all are doing well! Love y'all and am praying for y'all!! Thanks for the mail! 

Beaucoup d'amour, 

Tuahine Taylor
(Sœur Taylor/ Sister Taylor) 

Tuahine = Sister 
(Two-ah-hee-nay)On

No comments:

Post a Comment