Monday, December 22, 2014

Ia Ora Na tout le monde! 

So right now I'm dying a little bit because I came down with the lovely Chikungunya which has been an epidemic here in Polynesia. Ha, it’s a sickness passed by mosquitoes sooo yippee, it’s been quite awhile since I've been sick so I guess I was kind of expecting it too. I feel like I got beat up and I’m covered in red splotches so this week should be an interesting one! Ha ha. 

I can't believe it’s already the middle of December! That went by fast. This past week was great because the miracles kept happening! One of our investigators, Hereiti, told us in our lesson this past week that she really wanted to be baptized and when we committed her for the 27th of December, she was like "Ça me va!" (That works for me!) I laughed because I've never heard an investigator respond like that. We have a lot of work to do with her still so hopefully we can keep this goal but I know that if it's not this month, it's next month for sure. 

Thursday, Soeur Falesii got sick with the Chikungunya for most of the weekend, I was with a missionary couple that came back from serving in the islands of Tuamatu but who are finishing their mission this month here with us in Avera! They are HILARIOUS so I had fun hanging out with them all day and going to teach all of our lessons. Saturday night Sr Falesii felt better so we went to a birthday party for one of our investigators and then when we went to our dinner appointment, we had the blessing to meet a woman who is traveling the world and is from Spain! She was staying at the 1st counselor's house and she only speaks Spanish and English so we got to teach her a little bit and explain who we are and what we do. It was WAY cool because she was so interested and she was like, "Maybe you guys are going to change my life!" I was like, “Yeah we are!” Ha ha, no but really she was so touched because she got to go to the stake Christmas concert as well last night. 

Yesterday, I was not feeling good but we both really wanted to go to the Christmas concert. We debated whether or not we should go and finally we decided to go. Aka- BEST DECISION EVER. We got to see our Spanish friend one last time and give her a Book of Mormon and then we ran into Elder Groberg, the missionary that is in the movie The Other Side of Heaven! We were like freaking out. Ha ha #starstruck. 

This coming weekend, we have the marriage of Dewis and Laetitia and their baptism with Vahinetua and her daughter, Mihiura! We're so excited. This week is going to be a great one :)

Hey family, for Christmas what time do y'all want to skype? 
I’m so excited to talk with y'all. 

Have a great week! 

Tuahine Taylor 


I made a chocolate cake for Soeur Taarea's birhtday. It succeeded.

Our cute little investigator Takihei and her cousin.  
I was laughing so hard because she was so happy just sitting in a bucket. 


One night Mamie was sick and wanted a coconut so I went to go break and cut one open. It took forever #American.

Birthday party.

Christmas Concert.

\
The marriage of one of our investigators and an excommunicated member. It was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment