Monday, February 10, 2014


Family!

How are yall?

'Life is pretty rainy here and a little sad as well. Soeur Green left us and now it is just me and Soeur Kavera left to figure out how to move this work along in Papara. But it’s good. I just have to keep telling myself that change is good! (We'll see how long that works...)
 
The flag that our cute amis made for Soeur Green.

I love my companions!! :)

 

This past week was pretty up and down with emotions, but we still had a lot of work like normal so that was a blessing. We had a lot more lessons with hard amis and people who didn't accept the gospel, but at the same time, we had a lot of really good lessons with amis who are progressing and who ARE accepting the gospel in their lives!

We teach these two kids- Heipoe and Regis who both have a baptismal date for the 28th of February. Their parents are inactive, but all of their kids are not members. We started talking with their other brother- Nohoarii, and he is so great! We committed him for the same date- February 8th, but we're still waiting on his answer. I'm sure it will be yes :)

We are in the middle of fixing the baptism dates too for a family we started with a few weeks ago. We committed them for the 15th of March (such a great date :)  but we're still waiting on their answer too. It’s exciting teaching a family. They have 3 daughters, but only 1 who is above the age of 8. They already know a lot of members so integration into the ward has been really nice and smooth. They hesitate a little bit, but I know that their daughter- Heirani who is 15 years old will really be the example and get them to commit. I love her.

 
We had a mission conference on Friday will all of the missionaries on Tahiti and the leaders from some of the islands and it was SO good. It was about commitments and about committing people for baptism. It was really inspiring because I realized that there are so many people who are already prepared to receive the gospel and commit to being baptized- but all they have to do is be asked. It was really inspiring and I'm excited to continue to put it into practice. It really just comes down to having faith and no fear. You can’t have fear to talk to someone or to ask them to be baptized. If you have the spirit- you won't fail. That is one of the biggest lessons I learned this past week and I’m still learning. You really can never fail with the spirit.

We had a broadcast yesterday too with all the Pacific area which was really good about hastening the work of the Lord. It’s nice to be a part of this big push for missionary work and to realize how important it is!

Other than that, I'm doing really well! It's been raining for the past like 5 days, so we'll see if that continues. I love the rain (only in the humidity) but what I don't love is all the mosquitoes that it brings with it! But I'm still alive.

Hope yall are well!

Thanks for all the letters and prayers :)

Beaucoup d'amour,

Soeur Taylor
Hinenao and Coco... Love them!

Cute Melody with my plaque!

Starting young :)

These kids are the coolest.  We teach the two girls - Hinenao and Kahaia.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment