Monday, August 18, 2014

Bonjour Ma Famille!
 
Je vais toujours bien à Mahina! (I'm still doing well in Mahina!)
 
This past week we had the great blessing of having Elder Pearson with us! He's in the 70 and is the President of the Pacific Area. We had our Leader Meeting on Thursday and then a Mission Conference on Friday and they were both SO incredible because Elder Pearson really is a powerful speaker. He speaks right to the soul.
Leader meeting with Elder Pearson
 
Thursday, when he came for our Leaders Meeting, he came and shook my hand and said that he remembered me! I was like, "oh really??" He's got a good memory because the last time he came was in February (but that feels like yesterday honestly).
Elder Pearson, myself and President Bize
 
Our meeting was super great and we got so many good ideas going around for the mission and for our plans of action for our areas and zones. We talked a lot about the importance of serving the members and that is something that Soeur Teauroa and I have been trying to focus on as well. In Tahiti, it's almost impossible as a missionary to do physical labor as a service project because NOBODY wants to impose "their work" on the missionaries. That's something cultural so Soeur Teauroa and I have been thinking of creative ways to serve. We've taught English to a couple of members but something that everybody loves in the ward is my "Cookies Americain"- Chocolate chip and double chocolate chip cookies that I make all the time. We started bribing the members a little bit by telling them that if they come to the activities- there will be cookies! Ha ha ha, IT WORKS! They love, love, love them and they all have the recipe too. I have to keep thinking of other ideas of how we can serve the members and if y'all have ideas, PLEASE send them :)
 
Friday, Elder Pearson talked a lot about being a disciple of Christ and talking about what we need to do in order to serve with all of our heart, mind, might and strength. It was incredible and he really helped me realize how to be a better missionary.
 
Saturday, we did a split with the Sisters at Erima and I worked in Erima with Soeur Ntsiete! She's from Toulouse, France and it was such a fun split! She works incredibly hard and is very attentive to the spirit. I loved learning from her and we really had a good time doing lots of contacting and talking with EVERYBODY. Their sector mostly consists of one big neighborhood in the mountains so we had fun walking up and down and everywhere on that mountain to find new investigators.
My split with Soeur Ntsiete in Erima
 
 
Other than that- our investigators are doing well! It was still a little bit difficult to see everyone this week but today is the first day back at school for everyone so hopefully that will help with everyone who went on vacation or who were always busy. I'll give a good update of our investigators the next time.
It cracks me up every time we see the dogs stick their heads through the fence when we are out contacting. 
Life is still super great in Mahina and I still love my ward and sector. Soeur Teauroa only has 3 weeks left- so crazy how time flies! I know that January will be here before I know it and that is a little scary.
I ran into Willy at our mission conference. He got taller and I got wider. Funny how that works.
 
 
Love y'all and I hope y'all have a good week!
 
Soeur Taylor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment