Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello my family and friends! 
I hope y'all had a good week. Ours was good! The work has still been a little slow but it’s been really nice working with my new companion, Soeur Teauroa. It was really nice as well to see how welcoming our ward was when she came! We've been working really hard to improve member relationships since I’ve been here in Mahina so I was really, really happy to see the improvements with our ward and new missionaries. It was really hard for me when I first got here so I’m so happy to see how that has improved. We have a lot of support from the Bishop and the leaders in our ward so working with them is SUCH a joy. I never want to leave Mahina! 
On Wednesday we had our activity where we did door-to-door contacting with an auxiliary. This past week it was with the priesthood and I had the COOLEST contacting experience on my whole mission. We came to a house and a young adult came out and started talking with us. It turns out that she lives in France for her studies and that she's only here to visit her family during the vacation. She has never met the missionaries but she knows really well a couple that just came back from France who are members in our ward! They were there during our activity so she got to see her and she actually lives in MONTPELLIER. I was like NO WAY, my best friend is serving there right now!!! We introduced her to the Book of Mormon and she was really interested. She accepted to read it and we took her name and number because now, I have a reference for my best friend serving in France!!! 
I NEVER thought that would happen in my life. I showed her a picture and everything and told her to look out for Soeur Jones and that she was way cool. Hopefully Soeur Jones doesn't get transferred before she gets to meet her but still, it was the coolest experience ever. 
We did a lot of contacting this past week, especially with our DMP. He's the best. 
At one house, this lady came out and was yelling lots of not nice things in Tahitian at our DMP but that didn't bother him at all, he just kept going. We both felt bad but he really didn't care at all. That’s why our DMP is the best. 
Family Teaurai came to church yesterday AND Hélaman got his priesthood back! (Aaronic) I was so, so, so happy yesterday because this family continues to progress. On Saturday, we did a split with the sisters of Pare and Soeur Tefaaite came and worked with me in Mahina. It was really great, especially because we both came into the mission at the same time. 
I don’t have much to say today other than that life is going well!! I am one happy missionary here in Mahina. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a great week! 
Love y'all! 
Soeur Taylor 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment